Auuuuuu!! We’re finally here!!! We cannot believe this is diospiro’s 1st official blog post ;) It did seem like this day would never come. For all those of you who have lovingly been following diospiro on Instagram and Facebook for the past year, thank you from our hearts. They have definitely been kept warm through your enthusiasm and all your lovely messages. Well…WELCOME EVERYONE!!
The past 6 months have been crazily, sometimes painfully intense and, despite our many attempts to keep our connection with nature, spending time outdoors has been hard, to say the least, and lifting our eyes off of a handful of screens, even harder. Truth be told, it was well damn worth it! We’re thrilled to finally be able to share diospiro’s virtual home with you and can’t wait to hear what you think!
We were discussing our launch with a friend a few weeks ago and said it wasn’t like we were gonna be able to throw fireworks on the web or something. An online launch is, well... a lot more quiet, but I guess we got hooked on the idea of the extra noise. We decided to make it super special and go all in - fireworks and moonwalks included :)
We’re having champagne and a slice of Passion Peach Tart (recipe below), will you join us?
We’ve prepared lots of special treats for you, so please be sure to check all the shelves and drawers of our new website! There’s one recipe per section already (we'll be uploading many more in the coming weeks) and a free juice & smoothie e-book for subscribers to our newsletter. We’ve created a free printable juice challenge which we hope you’ll love. Our first interview is also out of the oven (check our lifestyle section) and lots more is lovingly being cooked and will be shared with you soon. In the meantime, make sure you celebrate life decadently and dance like there’s no tomorrow!
Shine on, you crazy diamond!
Pipa & Nuno
PASSION PEACH TART
IN A NUTSHELL
Decadently delicious summery tart! Light, vegan (no animal products), refined sugar and gluten free and yet, will have you crying for more… This super easy creamy dessert makes an exotic treat for a special occasion or for when you’re having friends over! Seriously addictive ;)
If you’re passionately-peachy and try this recipe, do let us know how it turned out by leaving a comment below. You can also post a picture of your exquisite tart on Instagram and tag it: #diospirorecipes. We’d love to see all that fruitiness!
Cuisine Type: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Rawfood, Adaptable for Diabetics
Makes: 1 tart
Prep Time: 25’ | Freezing Time: 2hrs | Total Time: 2:25h
*almonds should preferably be soaked the night before for maximum digestibility!
• 250grs (9oz) or 1.5 cups dates (pitted)
• 225grs (8oz) or 2 cups almonds (preferably soaked)
• pinch of salt
• 2 medium size ripe avocados (they should not be too hard, but also not dark and mushy! If you find them just right, please send some over!!!!)
• 4 peaches
• 4 passion fruits
• 2 limes
• ¾ cup coconut oil
• ¾ cup organic whole cane sugar
(you can also use coconut sugar or xilitol which is suitable for diabetics - more on the various whole sugars and natural sweeteners coming soon!)
• raw unsalted pistachios
• Knife & chopping board
• Measuring cups
• Citrus juicer
• Food processor (for making the crust, you can use your blender instead if you do not have a food processor)
* for maximum digestibility the almonds should be soaked overnight (please check our notes below)
• Combine the almonds, dates and salt in the food processor (or blender) and pulse to form a sticky, but coarse mixture.
• Distribute the mixture evenly on a medium sized spring form. Press it with the back of your fingers, so as to create a 0.5cm (⅕”) thick layer on the bottom and around the edge of the spring form. Set aside.
• Peel, pit and chop the peaches and avocados and add them to the blender jug, together with the pulp of the passion fruits, the coconut oil and sugar.
• Press the 2 limes using the citrus juicer and add the juice to the rest of the ingredients.
• Blend well so that the mixture is very creamy.
• Pour the filling on the crust and freeze it for 2 hours.
• It can be kept in the freezer for 3 months, just be sure to take it out ½ hour before serving.
Certain matches were surely made in heaven and the Passion-Peach-Pistachio combo is definitely on that list! We highly recommend that you crush a few raw unsalted pistachios with a knife and sprinkle them on your Passion Peach Tart! They will add the extra crunch and flavour and make it even more addictive…Enjoy!
*to soak the almonds, simply place them in a bowl, cover them fully with filtered water and leave them soaking overnight. The next morning, throw the water out and drain. If you’d like to prep-ahead for your crust, the soaked almonds can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. (details on why soaking is important coming soon!).
Loved this recipe and want our latest posts straight to your inbox, plus our free Juices & Smoothies ebook? Subscribe to our newsletter here!