I have no idea how I didn’t think of this before… Mixed berry porridge (oatmeal) with fresh fruit and coconut flakes - a whole new world of flavour to begin the day. This warm autumnal breakfast has a touch of summer :) tastes like crumble and leaves us virtually unstoppable for hours. Happy St. Martins summer everyone <3
Cuisine Type: Vegetarian, Vegan, Lactose Free, Gluten Free option
Preparation: 2’ | Cooking Time: 5’ | Total: 7’
• 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
• 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or almond milk)
• 1 cup spring or filtered water
• 2 Tsp honey
• ½ - 1 cup of mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
• 1 kiwi fruit (or other fresh fruit as desired)
• optional: 1 Tsp of powdered maca + 1 Tsp hemp protein
• coconut flakes
• small pot
• measuring cups
• mixing spoon
• Heat the oats, oat milk and water in a pan over high heat and stir frequently.
• Once the mixture becomes thicker, add honey.
• Reduce the heat to low and keep stirring until the mixture gets creamy.
• When ready, add the mixed berries and continue stirring for 1-2 minutes, so as to warm up the berries, especially if frozen. (Add in the powdered maca and hemp protein at this stage if you’re using any)
• Cut the kiwi fruit into small pieces and top your porridge with it and coconut flakes.
• Serve immediately and indulge!
We usually serve this porridge for breakfast, but it also delicious as a mid-afternoon snack or even as a main meal - whenever hunger strikes ;)
If you enjoyed this bowl of delicious goodness and would like to receive our contents in your inbox, along with our free juices and smoothies ebook, please subscribe to our newsletter here.