100% vegan, rich, tasty, creamy and consistent and it can be made in under 5 min?! Yes, all of the above... diospiro’s vegan mustard mayo is perfect in salads, sandwiches and on veggie burgers or even as a dip! This recipe - plus 4 other delicious creations of ours - came out in this month’s issue of Saber Viver - Portuguese lifestyle magazine - and can finally also be found here!
Cuisine Type: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Lactose & Dairy Free
Prep Time: 5min
• 1-2 Garlic Cloves (We love garlic and if you’re like us, you’ll want to use 2, but if the cloves are quite large, 1 will be enough)
• 1 Avocado (approx. 300g)
• 1 tsp of your favourite Mustard
• 20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (ideally cold pressed)
• ½ medium Lemon or 1 Lime
• ½ tsp Sea Salt
• Pepper to taste
• Knife and cutting board
• Blender, Bimby or hand blender
• Citrus juicer
• Peel and cut the garlic and avocado into pieces.
• Squeeze the lemon or lime.
• Blend all the ingredients 2-3 minutes - stopping and scraping down the sides if necessary and continuing blending thereafter - until you get a creamy and consistent paste.
• Serve with salads, crackers, in sandwiches, wraps or on burgers - ideally veggie for which you can get our recipe here.
This mayo can be kept in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Loved this recipe and want our latest posts straight to your inbox, plus our free Juices & Smoothies ebook? Subscribe to our newsletter here!