IN A NUTSHELL
Bored of the same sandwich and wrap fillings? Looking for an adventure for the senses? You have to try this unlikely combo! It’s vegan, gluten free, and so very fresh. I don’t know what got into us today, but it’s as if a 1001 flavours decided to get wrapped together and the result is... well, exotic, to say the least.
We guess Hawaii, Mexico, Portugal, Estonia, the US, Thailand and God knows what other cultures got fused in this recipe... Were we bored?! This exotic wrap combines so many tastes and aromas we had no clue what it should be named! What we’re sure of is that it is super fresh, tasty, light and delicious!
If you decide to wrap this craziness, do let us know if you managed not to let it flee from your kitchen into the wild :) Leave us a comment below or post a picture of your adventure on Instagram and tag it #diospirorecipes. We’d love to see what you’ve wrapped up!
Cuisine Type: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
Makes: 6 wraps
Prep Time: 20’ | Wrapping Time: 5’ | Total Time: 25’
• 2cm (1”) thick pineapple slice
• 2 large tomatoes (preferably organic - please check our gazpacho recipe for our thoughts on tomatoes!)
• 2 small red onions (or 1 medium)
• 4 garlic cloves
• 50grs (2oz) coriander (roughly 1 small bunch)
• 1 lime
• 3 csp salt
• 1 pinch black pepper
• 1 csp cayenne pepper or ⅛ of a small chilli pepper (if spicy is not up your alley, you can leave it out)
• 2 Tsp olive oil
• Peanut butter (preferably unsalted/unsweetened) to spread on 6 wraps
• 6 corn tortilla wraps
• Chopped raw peanuts
• Knife and cutting board
• Large & small bowl
• Citrus juicer
• Wash the tomatoes and coriander and peel all the ingredients (except the tomatoes, only peel them if they’re non-organic).
• Chop the onions into small pieces and place them in a small bowl.
• Squeeze the lime, pour the juice on the onions and set aside.
• Chop all the other ingredients - pineapple, tomatoes, garlic and coriander - into small pieces and combine them in a large bowl.
• Add the olive oil, salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper and mix well.
• Add the onions and lime juice and mix again.
• Place the tortilla wraps on a large board or plate and spread the peanut butter on them.
• Add a portion of the filling onto the center of the tortilla.
• Fold the sides, leaving a bit of space as in the picture, so that the filling can spread inside the wrap.
• Fold from the bottom upwards until you have a roll, pressing and creasing the end of the tortilla to keep it in place. IT’S A WRAP!!!
You can sprinkle chopped raw peanuts on each wrap before folding them for that extra addictive crunch!
Also, we discovered that by allowing the filling mixture to site for a few hours or even overnight in the fridge, this recipe reaches its fullest potential as all the flavours get more refined. If you have the time, try letting it marinate, fill your wraps afterwards and be delighted!
Loved this recipe and want our latest posts straight to your inbox, plus our free Juices & Smoothies ebook? Subscribe to our newsletter here!